January 28, 2015

Andres Bonifacio Shrine

11:30 PM Posted by Unknown , No comments
I have always been into history when travelling. I wish to visit the places which I only encountered in books and the internet. I am not always into convenient travelling like taxi, bus or tourist shuttles. But, I am more into care-free roaming spree.


On my first time alone in Manila, I find it easier to roam via MRT and LRT. You can just buy a 'stored value' card for each railway transport and voila! You can step-by every station for fun walking experience.


I passed-by this very iconic symbol of heroism. This is the monument dedicated to the national hero Andres Bonifacio. He was the founder and leader of the KKK, the revolutionary group which won the Philippines its independence from Spain.


During the course of winning independence from Spain in 1896, different kinds of flags evolve and was used to unify the outcry of the people. These flags are now reproduced and are flying side by side each other beside this monument.

0 comment (s):

Post a Comment