January 5, 2015

Christmas Broken

11:56 PM Posted by Unknown , No comments

Its December now once again! The merriest month of the year for it is the month when Christmas is celebrated. Christmas trees are now being dusted off. Christmas balls are now being shined. Christmas lanterns are now being unpacked. Poinsettias are now becoming the most famous plant.

Once when I was a kid, I have always wondered why our Christmas tree at home has no star. I have always wanted to put a star atop our Christmas tree too. I want to put the star just like how I saw it in the televisions. And yet, too bad ours has no star. Many a times I have tried to make a star to put atop our Christmas tree. Using the paper I use in school I would trace a star and cut it out for me to put atop our Christmas tree making the tree very funny. I also tried to use a star-shaped Styrofoam to put atop our Christmas tree as a star but I was still dissatisfied. I really want a star just what they have in their Christmas trees!

I have my friends back then who belongs to rich families. Every Christmas just as we have our Christmas tree, they too of course have theirs and it is 5 times much bigger than what we have at home, with more pomp and with more decorations. It would reach atop the ceilings of their house when ours could only be put atop beside our TV. I thought back then at that time that the Christmas tree with its star is the very essence why we would celebrate Christmas. I have always thought that without these things our Christmas would be nothing. Added here are the presents, the sumptuous foods, the wall hangings and the sock for where Santa Claus would put his presents. We may not be rich but when we were kids we always have the reason to expect, for every year that expectation is never wasted. We always have something every Christmas from Santa Claus. From the simple expectations I have as a kid I always have gift.

But now, I have known that these things are nothing but mere accidents. All of these Christmas balls, Christmas toys, Christmas lanterns and Christmas poinsettias are nothing but accidents leading us to a greater importance – Jesus Christ. These things are nothing but outward signs of our happiness in celebrating this event, this event of someone without which all these things will not be.

Just like Christmas we tend to make importance to fireworks and round fruits and feng shui to New Year. We rush to and fro and back and forth during this day. Picking fruits that are round and has no black seeds very much convinced that if we celebrate new year with these we may be more prosperous and lucky next year. We tend to forget that it is not that decides our fate.

There are so many things that people tend to do without seeing the center. We tend to perform things that later masks what is the very issue why we do these things. We forget the very center and the very importance why we do such things.

I would like to invite myself all the more to break down the Christmas tree that we have at home. It has a plastic commercialized  Christmas tree that we adorn with twigs, Christmas balls, stars all around, Santa faces, packed gifts underneath, pom poms and luckily now, one big star atop this Christmas tree. The tree symbolizes new beginning, Santa Claus or St. Nicholas symbolizes charity and the one big Star points to the three wise man to somebody beneath. He is the present to the world. The greatest present.

He is put underneath. His birth is put underneath for underneath does a tree from its roots makes new beginning. But, also underneath for he is from atop and to show his humility he chose to be underneath. From underneath he emanates. He emanate his goodness and blessed all mankind by being underneath.

We must look underneath to understand the things. Just as what we do in metaphysics, we look closely underneath to find out: 'why?'

0 comment (s):

Post a Comment